The new coronavirus vaccinationOn the days bookings start according to different age groups, it takes a long time to be connected to the call center and the vaccination booking system. Vaccines will be supplied sequentially, so please do not rush to make an appointment and try to contact the call center or access the booking system on another date.
New InformationThe city sent vaccination vouchers to residents aged 16 to 64 on Monday, July 12.
Starting from Sunday, June 6, applications for the vaccination waiting list will be accepted. Please refer to "Signing up for the waiting list" for more details.
Appointments for new coronavirus vaccination
The city has released the appointment start dates for the new coronavirus vaccination. Please refer to the "List of dates for accepting appointments by age group". The national government has informed us that they expect to be able to supply enough vaccine for all elderly people by the end of June. Vaccines will be supplied sequentially, so please stay calm and make your appointment once your application period starts.
vaccination is by appointment only. In order to avoid appointments pouring in, the start dates for each age group begin incrementally.
[List of appointment start date by different age groups]
|Age Group||Appointment start dates |
Vaccination at mass vaccination sites & medical institutions
|People aged 65 years old and older |
(Those born on or before April 1, 1957)
|Applications are being accepted sequentially from May 12|
|People aged 60 to 64 |
(Those born on or before April 1, 1962)
|Scheduled to start accepting applications on July 21|
|Those aged 59 to 16 with underlying medical conditions who have applied in advance for priority reservations||Scheduled to start accepting applications on July 21|
|Persons aged 59 to 16 who work in facilities for the elderly, etc. and have applied in advance for priority reservations||Scheduled to start accepting applications on July 21|
|People other than the above ||The start date of booking appointments will be postponed until the required amount of vaccines can be secured. The city will announce the new schedule when the information becomes available.|
Those with underlying medical conditions or those who work in facilities for the elderly and wish to apply in advance for priority appointments should refer to "Vaccination for people under 64 years old - 2. How to make an appointment". The specific date of mailing and the details for those under 16 will be announced as soon as the information becomes available.
How to make an appointmentPlease refer to the video: [Ichikawa City] information on new coronavirus vaccination
*Booking methods vary depending on where you plan to receive the vaccination.
*All vaccinations administered in Ichikawa City are currently using the Pfizer vaccine.
If you receive the vaccine at a medical institution, you can make an appointment for the second dose by yourself after noon on the day following the first dose.
*It is also possible to choose a mass vaccination site for the second dose only.
In case of getting vaccinated at a mass vaccination site, when you make an appointment for the first vaccination, your second appointment will be secured approximately 3 weeks after the first appointment.
(1)【Preparation for the appointment】Prepare the vaccination voucher
The city has sent eligible residents an envelope containing the vaccination voucher. To make a vaccination appointment, the "voucher number" written on your voucher is needed in addition to your name and date of birth (in the western calendar).
Vaccination voucher sample
(Note 1)The vaccination voucher is printed on a sticker. Please do not remove it or cut it off, and keep it intact until you get to the vaccination venue.
(Note 2)If you have an underlying medical condition, please be sure to consult with your family doctor whether or not you can be vaccinated. It is also advisable that your family doctor administer the vaccination, if you have a family doctor.
(Note 3) If you are 65 years old or older and have not yet received your vaccination voucher, please contact the Ichikawa City Call Center at 0120-923-118.
(2) 【Appointments】Make an appointment by phone or online
Once the appointment start date for your age group begins, please make an appointment with your vaccination voucher handy. The earliest day you can choose is the next day if booking before noon, or the day after next if booking after noon. You can make an appointment by phone or online.
Make an appointment by phone
Ichikawa city new coronavirus call center
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (open 7 days a week)
- Phone number
- 0120-923-118 (Toll free) / 0570-001-056 (Navi Dial: Toll charged)
※Please check the phone number carefully before you call.
When your call is connected, please provide us with the following information.
- Your name
- Date of birth (western year/ month/ day)
- Your voucher number
- Your preferred medical institution
Make an appointment online
The login ID is a 10-digit voucher number, and the password is an 8-digit birth date (year/month/day).
Example: Born on April 1, 1950 → "19500401"
Please refer to Guide for online appointments. If you require language assistance, please contact the call center and make an appointment.
(3)【On the day of vaccination】 Precautions before receiving the vaccine
Please print a preliminary examination form in the language you speak from the link below, and fill out the sheet and bring it with you to the vaccination venue on the day of your appointment. The preliminary examination form is necessary for the first and second vaccination respectively. On the day of vaccination, be sure to take your body temperature, and if you have an obvious fever (37.5 degree or higher), please refrain from vaccination and contact the call center.
Preliminary examination form in multiple languages
What to bring on the day
- Vaccination voucher
- Identification documents: driver's license, health insurance card, etc.
- Consultation card (optional): If you have a consultation card issued at the medical institution where you will be vaccinated.
- Preliminary examination form: Please fill it out at home and bring it with you.
In case of unavoidable cancellation
In case of cancelling your appointment by the day before your reserved date, please complete the procedure on the web, or contact the Ichikawa city new coronavirus call center. In case of cancelling your appointment on the reserved date, please contact the medical institution directly.
(4)【After vaccination】Points to note after receiving the vaccine
- Confirm if your physical condition is normal
Please wait at the vaccination venue for about 15 minutes, or about 30 minutes if you have had severe allergic symptoms in the past.
- Protect the injection site
Bathing is acceptable, but do not rub the injection site
- Avoid strenuous exercise and excessive alcohol consumption.
When you return home
Please keep your vaccination certificate in a safe place. A sticker will be placed on the Certificate of Vaccination for those who have been vaccinated. This will serve as proof of vaccination.
Signing up for the waiting listApplications for the waiting list is accepted from Sunday, June 6.
A waiting list will automatically open when appointments for one week are fully booked (all medical institutions are fully booked).The waiting list will be divided into east, west, south and north areas by address. Please refer to the following table for the classification of each address.
Waiting list areas - List of addresses
(2) How to use the service
1. Apply for the waiting list through the call center or booking system.
2. When a cancellation is made for an appointment at same the medical institution where you are on the waiting list, the call center will call you at the phone number you provided when you applied.
3. If the vaccination site and time suit you, your appointment will be booked.
-Waiting lists need to be booked before 12:00 noon the day before you hope to receive a vaccination.
-The call center will call you in the order in which you apply. Please note, in case you didn’t answer the phone, the next person in line may get an appointment first.
-While you are on the waiting list, you cannot book a regular appointment. If you wish to book a regular appointment, please cancel the waiting list from the call center or the booking system.
-If a dose doesn’t become available for you by the day you requested on the waiting list, the call center will process your cancellation. Please be aware that an email will be sent to your registered email address at that time.
About the second vaccination appointment(1) Vaccination at Medical Institutions
A. How to book an appointment for the second dose
- Vaccines will be given twice for each person. You can make the second appointment after noon on the following day of your first dose. Please make your second appointment by phone or online as the same way you did for the first appointment.
- As a standard practice, the second dose should be administered 3 weeks after the first dose, but it is not necessary to receive the first dose again even after 3 weeks passes; the WHO, the U.S., and some EU countries recommend that the second dose be given no later than 6 weeks after the first dose.
[List of medical institutions]
Please refer to "the list of medical institutions" to see available medical institutions when making your appointment.Click here for 「The List of medical Institutions」
(2) Vaccination at mass vaccination sites
A. How to book an appointment for the second dose
At mass vaccination sites, the first and second doses are booked together.
Please check the itinerary and book an appointment. Click here for the itinerary
- When you book your first appointment on the first day of the itinerary, the appointment for the second dose will be reserved automatically.(You do not need to make the second appointment on your own.)
If you wish to cancel the second appointment, please do so via the web or call center three days after the first vaccination date at noon or later.
- As a general rule, the second vaccination will be 3 weeks after the first vaccination at the same venue and time. However, please check the itinerary before making a reservation as there are some exceptions.
- On the first day of the itinerary, people who have already received the first dose can book their second appointment.
- As to the single appointment, both the first or second appointment can be booked. However, in case you are making your first appointment, your second appointment will not be secured automatically. You will need to make another appointment for the second dose on your own. (Any vaccination sites will accept your second appointment).
B. Vaccination sites
|Vaccination sites||Addresses||Vaccination dates||Reception hours|
|Kohnodai Civic Gymnasium |
*There are staircases as the venue is set up in a kendo and judo hall
|1-6-4, Konodai||Monday to Sunday, except year-end and New Year holidays||9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. |
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Shiohama Civic Gymnasium (Shintoku Civic Gymnasium from July 14 to August 15) ||4-9-1, Shiohama|
|Ichikawa City Hall, Building 1||1-1-1 Yawata|
|Gyotoku Branch Office||Suehiro, 1-1-31||Saturday, Sunday and national holidays only||Saturdays: 1:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. |
Sundays: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
*The Gyotoku branch office will also offer mass vaccinations on weekdays (9:00 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.) starting from Thursday, June 24.
Due to the limited parking space at each venue, please use the public transportation or free shuttle bus service as much as possible.
Please refrain from bringing your pet animals.
C. Free shuttle bus
Free shuttle bus service is available at two of the mass vaccination sites: the Kohnodai Civic Gymnasium and the Shiohama Civic Gymnasium.
Please check the information here for the bus stops and timetables.
- Free shuttle bus service is not available at City Hall, Building 1 or the Gyotoku branch office. - Free shuttle bus service is not available at City Hall, Building 1 or the Gyotoku branch office.
- The shuttle bus only runs on days the vaccination is given at the sites.
- Please note, there is a seating capacity on the bus.
- Please click here for the free shuttle bus information
Vaccination for people under 64 years old
1．How a vaccination voucher will be sent to youThe city sent vaccination vouchers to residents aged 16 to 64 on Monday, July 12. The specific date of mailing and the details for those under 16 will be announced as soon as the information becomes available.
2．How to make an appointment（1）Appointment start date
|Eligible persons||Appointment start date|
|People aged 60 to 64||From Wednesday, July 21|
|People aged 16 to 59 years old who fall into one of the following categories and have applied in advance for a priority reservation between June 21 and July 11 |
・Those with an underlying medical condition
・Those who are working in facilities for the elderly
|People other than the above||The city will postpone the start date of accepting appointments until the required amount of vaccines can be secured. We will inform you of the new schedule when the information becomes available.|
(2）Priority reservations for those with underlying medical conditions and those working in facilities for the elderly
Those with underlying medical conditions and those working in facilities for the elderly who have applied in advance will be given priority in applying for an appointment. If you wish to apply, please follow the instructions below.
Please click here for the details of underlying medical conditions and a list of facilities for the elderly, etc
|Application period||From Monday, June 21 to Monday, July 19|
|Application method||① Website |
② Fax or Send by post
① Apply online (available 24 hours a day)Click here to make an appointment : New corona vaccine priority appointment online request form
② Apply by FAX or postPlease fill in the following information and sent it to us. (Any format is acceptable).
- Name (furigana)
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Please specify if you “have an underlying medical condition” or “work at a facility for the elderly, etc.”
【Mailing address】New corona vaccine virus countermeasure group (272-8501 No address necessary)
The application forms (in Japanese) are available at the Division of Resident Affairs at City Hall, Building 1, the Division of Resident Affairs at the Gyotoku branch office, the Minami-Gyotoku Civic Center, the Ogashiwa branch office, and the City Administration Service Center at Ichikawa Station.
Please click here for the application form in English.
③ Apply by phone
Please call the call center for priority reservation application. Please note that the call center may not be able to respond to inquiries other than those related to priority reservation applications.
【Hours】Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Vaccination at the mass vaccination centers operated by the Self-Defense Forces, etc.
For those who wish to receive vaccinations at the mass vaccination centers operated by the Self-Defense Forces or other sites outside of Ichikawa city, vaccination vouchers (for mass vaccination sites) will be sent upon application.
|Application period||From Monday, June 21 to July7.|
If you wish to be vaccinated at a place other than where your residence is registered
If you wish to receive the new coronavirus vaccine at a location other than your place of residence, please refer to the page explaining "when receiving the new coronavirus vaccine at a location other than your place of residence."「when receiving the new coronavirus vaccine at a location other than your place of residence.」
Ichikawa city new coronavirus call centerHours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (open 7 days a week)
Phone number:0120-923-118(Toll free) / 0570-001-056 (Navi Dial: Toll charged)
※Please check the number carefully before calling.
Phone number: 0120-925-823
For specialized consultations that require medical knowledge of vaccine efficacy and adverse reactions, please contact the following number:
Ichikawa City New Corona Vaccine Adverse Reaction Consultation Desk
FAX: 0120-925-849(For people with speech or hearing disabilities)
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Chiba Prefectural Consultation Service for Adverse Reactions to the New Coronavirus Vaccine
Phone number: 03-6412-9326
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, New Coronavirus Vaccine Call CenterPhone number: 0120-761770(toll-free)
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (open 7 days a week)
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare's telephone consultation service for new coronavirus infectionsPhone number: 0120-565653 (toll-free)
Hours: See below (open 7 days a week)
|Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish||9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.|
|Thai||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
|Vietnamese||10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
Please be aware of a scam regarding the new coronavirus
There have been suspicious phone calls from people claiming to be the prefectural or city government personnel, demanding money or personal information, saying that you will receive a priority vaccination if you send 100,000 yen to them. The new coronavirus vaccination offered by the city is free of charge. Please be careful not to be deceived by suspicious calls.
For more information on how to respond to scams related to the new coronavirus, please visit the following link:
Please be aware of scams related to the new coronavirus.
Other frequently asked questions
- Q. Do I have to take the vaccination?
- A.Vaccinations are administered only with the consent of the person to be vaccinated.
- Q.How many times do I get vaccinated?
- A.Each person will be vaccinated twice.
- Q.How can I make an appointment for vaccination?
- A.As soon as there are sufficient supplies of vaccines provided by the national government, you can make an appointment at the dedicated appointment site or the call center written above. Details will be announced on the city's website, in public announcements (PR paper), and on the information sheet enclosed with the vaccination vouchers that will be sent out in the future.
- Q.Can I choose which vaccine I want to receive?
- A.No, you cannot. You will be vaccinated with the vaccines that are available at the time of your vaccination. Even if more than one vaccine is supplied, the second vaccination must be of the same type as the first vaccination.
- Q.Is there any relief in case I have an adverse reaction after receiving vaccine?
- A.You can receive relief (medical expenses, disability pension, etc.) based on the Vaccination Law in the event that you suffer health damage, need medical treatment, or are left with a disability.
- Q.Where can I get vaccinated?
- A.As a general rule, vaccinations are administered at the municipality where you live. If you are 65 years old or older, you will be vaccinated at your family doctor’s office or other medical institution
- Q.Do I have to pay for the vaccination?
- A.No, vaccination is free of charge.